Vision & Values
We are committed to a future for our people where Aboriginal children and families are healthy, strong, and empowered. Our right to self-determination, culture and identity, are respected and upheld.
We recognise that a holistic approach to healing, autonomy, and Aboriginal leadership is urgently required, and we are committed to working in partnerships to achieve this.
We seek to provide a strong regional voice for our children and families on Noongar Country by engaging, influencing and contributing to child protection policies, legislation and programs that affect Aboriginal children and families.
- Cultural healing protocols and laws are respected and upheld in all aspects of the Council’s work
- We hold and promote high standards of excellence from the Council, their members, and in all our work
- We advocate for self-determination and empowerment of Aboriginal people, their families and communities
- We are committed to human rights principles in all of our practices
- All of our work is underpinned by acts of courage, compassion, and nurturing
- We take a family and child centered approach in all of our work
- The Council is committed to nonviolence and peacefulness which will build respect and safety in the community